Spanish Property Lawyers UK (London) and Spain
Working to Ensure Spanish Property Transactions Run Smoothly
BCP International Law Firm represents a wide range of clients in overseas property transactions, including:
- Individuals — Those buying or selling homes or businesses abroad.
- Professional advisers — Other solicitors and lawyers who may not have the expertise or the resources to commit to Spanish conveyancing transactions.
- UK companies — Companies in the construction and development sectors, as well as those considering investment in overseas residential or commercial property.
Expert Spanish Property & Conveyancing Lawyers UK & Spain – Here to Help
Our Spanish conveyancing lawyers combine an in-depth knowledge of local property markets with a specialist and practical understanding of the law in Spain. Buying and selling property abroad can have tax and other financial implications, and we are ideally placed to advise how conveyancing transactions abroad will affect clients based in the United Kingdom.
We carry out thorough research and investigation concerning all planning, tax and land registry matters. We then provide a full property legal report, ensuring that clients are fully informed before committing to a sale or purchase.
Our Spanish property work is extensive. It includes the following:
- Applications for fiscal personal identification numbers (NIE in Spain)
- Advice on finance, including mortgages
- Advice on planning issues
- Preparation of powers of attorney
- Checking property ownership
- Agreeing terms and conditions of the contract for sales and purchases
- Checking any outstanding charges, mortgages, secured debts and restrictive covenants that affect the property
- Checking the fiscal value of property for tax purposes
- Preparing completion deeds and necessary paperwork
- Filing and lodging taxes with the Inland Revenue
- Registration of title deeds
- Notifying a change of ownership to relevant authorities
- Negotiations for long- and short-term tenancy agreements concerning residential properties and commercial premises
Residential Property Services
Our lawyers can provide comprehensive support on all aspects of Spanish residential property transactions for individuals and property-owning companies. Whether you are a bilingual or non-Spanish speaking client, we can offer all the assistance you need concerning the purchase, sale and ownership of property in Spain. Also, our specialist property lawyers can provide guidance on matters such as Wills and succession planning as part of our integrated, proactive service.
If you are considering buying a property in Spain, our friendly and approachable lawyers will take the time to make sure you are fully informed regarding your rights and obligations from the earliest stage and can review contracts thoroughly to ensure that you are completely happy before signing.
When it comes to selling property in Spain, BCP can provide guidance on your transaction itself as well as guidance on tax implications and liability. From the outset, you can be confident that our lawyers will handle all matters carefully and professionally.
Our lawyers have many years of experience handling all types of residential property transactions across Spain and can provide you with detailed marketing information as well as arranging the carrying out of valuations and surveys. We will complete a comprehensive review of the property's legal status and ensure that all necessary documents are in order including Escritura Publica, IBI receipt and Catastral Certificate.
Further Guides to Spanish Property Purchases, Development and Investment
You can also read our guides here:-
- Buying Property in Spain - Guide for UK Buyers
- Property Investments in Spain - Guide for UK Investors
Contact our English-Speaking Spanish Property Lawyers in London and Spain
BCP Law Firm provides specialist advice to UK-based businesses and individuals. Our reputation has been built on clear communication with our clients. Contact us online or by phone on +44 (0)207 936 9072 (UK) or +34 952 862 227 (Spain).